Tabs

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Solase - June 2011


My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting Solase Massage and Oxygen Bar the other day.  We were there to enjoy their package that includes a Chair Massage, a 1-Hour Relaxation Massage and some time at the Oxygen Bar.  We were greeted and led to their 2 Massage Chairs.  The massage chair is a great way to get ready for the hands-on massage.  I started on the setting called ‘Dream Wave’.  There was a lot of gentle rocking and kneading all over my body.  The chair does a lot of inflating and moving around the feet and legs, arms, back, hips and shoulders.  It is all synchronized into different programs that can be selected.  We still had some time when that one ended, so they turned on another program called ‘Stretch’.  This program did a lot of stretching of legs, arms, and back.  It was a little more active and helped me get all stretched and ready for what was to come next.
After our time was up on the chairs, we were led to the small waiting room until our room was ready.  A few minutes later we were greeted by Meredith and Jordan.  They took us to the Couples Massage Room where we had a brief consultation to discuss any specific needs that we had.  The room was plenty large for the 2 of us and was beautifully decorated.

Meredith began with gentle strokes on my back and shoulders.  I generally feel the most tension in my neck and shoulders which was soon obvious.  She worked out sore spots in a gentle but effective way.  She worked her way down my entire back with nice relaxing moves.  The treatment included placing hot towels on areas of my body as part of the massage.  This included my back, feet, and neck.  Next each arm and hand was massaged in a very refreshing manner.  Then she worked each foot and leg separately.  I like how the therapists each have their own massage lotion strapped to their waist like a holster, always ready for action.  That way they can get lotion quickly without having to leave the table and break the contact with the client.
                Turning on my back I enjoyed additional massage of feet and legs.  This is when the hot towels were wrapped around my feet for the rest of the time.  The massage concluded with neck and head treatment.  Sometimes I tense up during a massage and unknowingly fight against what the therapist is trying to do.  When the therapist pushes in one direction, I unconsciously tense my muscles and push back.  Meredith helped me relax a number of times when I was tensing up.  She did a great job of working with me.
                We finished off our time with a trip to the Oxygen Bar.  The scent of Citrus, Beach and Eucalyptus was a refreshing way to end our visit.  They are promoting their Membership where you receive a massage and other services Each Month.  If you want to receive a massage each month, it sounds like a great deal.
                Solase Massage & Oxygen Bar is conveniently located in Orem on University Parkway.  You can see their information on our Friends Page.  We had a great time and hope to be able to visit again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment